Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Conversation Between Kindergarteners


Its so true that kids say the darndest things. I could listen to their simple insights and observations all day. Some are actually quite deep, while others are just hilarious. I'll do an entire post on things Ayden says a little later, but needed to get this incident documented before any details get hazy. This conversation took place between my 5 year old son Ayden and my 5 year old brother Thomas. They were going to have a sleepover at our new place but we needed to stop at the old place and get something in the dumpster so I took these two as well as my brother Jeremiah over to the old apartment so Jeremiah could help me. Then I dropped Jerm off, and the following conversation took place...

Thomas: Good thing Miah isn't here so we don't have to hear him talk any moi. (He's got a bit of a speech impediment.) Ayden: UGH! I know! I was this close to getting a headache! If he would have said ONE more thing... Thomas: I have a Miah headache.

I just sat in my seat laughing to myself, loving how observant they were, and how relieved Ayden seemed that someone was thinking the same thing he was. But seriously, where do they learn this stuff?


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a new blog!

    And kids do say the funniest things.

    ReplyDelete